Monday 30 July 2012

Back to The Past 2

So... where was I? Oh, I promised you readers I would tell you about my trip to 1 European country and 1 Asian country, and also find more information on them. Let's start with the European one...



1. Greece

What I remember most: Why are there so many rocks, mom?




Greece is famous for its ancient Greek Gods, history, mythology and architecture. There are so many public buildings with stone structure all around the country such as the Parthenon and the Erechtheum. These places are spectacular, but I'm telling you, they're not places for kids!!!!! I remember looking around as an 8-year-old girl thinking, "rocks again??" I wish I had a chance to visit Greece once more. Greece's architecture is amazing. Then I thought, these stone structure buildings are all man-made, does Greece have any natural stone landscapes? And I found out about this beautiful landscape...

Meteora 




Amazing, right? The Meteora is in central Greece with the nearest town, Kalambaka. When I looked at this, I felt like I could easily believed that the Greek Gods pushed the stones to where they are. The Meteora is not made by lava that turns into hard volcanic rocks or anything like that. According to geologists, this valley was once an enormous lake. When the lake dried, the softer sandstone around it eroded away, leaving the Meteora standing. It is simply a great earth-sculpture. 

If I have another chance to visit Greece, I now know that there are not only man-made stone buildings, but also a natural stone sculpture I could explore. (More stone? ;D )


2. Hongkong

What I remember most: Of course... shopping

Everyone knows Hongkong as a big shopping attraction, but what I didn't know is that it is so big that it has something called "theme shopping streets". Theme shopping streets specify on certain product categories, so people with long shopping lists can save time and maybe some money. Paradise for me!!! Here are some of them...




  • Luxury Brands Street - Canton Road



Hongkong is the center for international brands in Asia. You can find all the luxury brands you can think of on this street–Hermes, Prada, Giordano Armani, Louis Vuitton and so on. If you can't find the latest items for a certain luxury brand at your hometown, it is very likely that you will find it here. 


  • Sportswear Street - Fa Yuen Street
All sportswear including sports equipment can be found here all along the street. The products are trendy and are always updated. 
  • Toy Street - Tai Yuen Street
If I had known about this place when I was there when I was a kid, I would of dragged my parents around the place all day. There are many toy shops here with medium and low price toys.  

Feel like going shopping now? These places are made for people who love to shop like us! 


I've learnt quite a few things looking back to my past trips. I'll search for information about the places I will visit in the future in advance to make sure I won't miss anything. Sometimes it will just give me a better picture about the places. You should try it too. :D

*If you haven't, please check out my previous blogs too. Thank you!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. hongkong is my favorite shopping place
    i wna go back there again
    so much fun ;D

    ReplyDelete